Debate; Positive Vz Negative thinking?

Somewhere to store those little things...
Barra
Site Admin

Debate; Positive Vz Negative thinking?

Post by Barra »

Jade - He's not going to Hammerfest, he swapped the tickets for Jedward ;D

Phoebe Sinclair - Respect lowered by 30% and falling.....

Rob - Phoebe: 30%? Swapping Hammerfest for Jedward is automatic loss of all respect now and always.

Phoebe Sinclair - The 30% covers the immediate reaction. The shock hasn't quite cleared it's dust, yet...

Rob - Even so, the initial reaction of swapping a metal festival for quite possibly the best reason ever for a double barrelled shotgun should be a drop of at least 50%. :P

Phoebe Sinclair - I'm a positive person. I like to look at the positive side of things.
Perhaps Mark Coxon has suffered brain injury and when the swelling goes down he'll recognise his fault, scream and deal with appropriately.
Don't judge me for my happy side :P

Rob - Ah I see. This reasoning is relatively acceptable. :)

Phoebe Sinclair See; come to my side! We have heavy metal cookies ^.^

Rob - But...your side requires positive thinking. My side is much easier and still has cookies and heavy metal. Also, we have booze. :P

Phoebe Sinclair - Oh, I have booze... It's amazing what you can do with positive thinking! I also have a lot of bottles of mead. We stock before the winter and work through it, wishing the late spring shows would hurry the F* up so we can go hit each other with proper heavy metal.

Rob - Ok, that sounds fun. But I still think negative thinking is better, I mean think about how many films, books and games have been written thanks to negative thought. No positive thinking person puts a main character in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, or sets midgets against undead wraiths. :P

Phoebe Sinclair - I believe that without negative thought, positive thought would be null and void - and vice versa. Without one, how can one be aware of the other?
Positive aspect of said position in wasteland; every other bugger is dead, dying; the land is radiated and eventually you will join the ranks of the undead or you're stuck in some undead dungeon armed with nothing but a haddock-fish... But you'll have sooooooo much fun surviving with that haddock, drenching yourself and it with the blood of your enemies, overcoming every battle and turmoil. Even if you do eventually die, at least it's all over and you get to go ahead singing in the halls of your respective Valhalla's since you did such a darn good job at living ;-)
Sometimes I think I think positively because it infuriates the people so very focused on the negative aspect. I think I get a strange, sick humour out of it - tee hee x

Rob - I personally prefer negative because it's got a lot more potential. Positive thinking is fine, but after a while the theories just become insanely implausible, whereas negative tends to offer a wider range, thus occupying the brain for a longer period of time. :P x

Phoebe Sinclair - I agree, it is a good idea to be aware of the deep, dark and lonely thoughts but if it was the all and everything then why bother reading that book or playing that game when the git's gonna die anyway in some horrific death?

Rob - Because part of the challenge is to delay the horrific death for as long as possible and take as many super mutant bastards with you as physically possible. :P

Phoebe Sinclair - Exactly, you're having fun surviving in the meantime x
The Adminjesty, so called, I am.
~Nothing so fair as love and war. Let us make both tonight~

Barra
Site Admin

Re: Debate; Positive Vz Negative thinking?

Post by Barra »

I think I won this debate. Aha, shizzlefizz ;-) x
The Adminjesty, so called, I am.
~Nothing so fair as love and war. Let us make both tonight~