Bavaria 1702

Past history played out, perhaps?
Forum rules
No politics, No Spamming, play nice, have fun!
Anton Vance

Bavaria 1702

Post by Anton Vance »

Deep within the heart of Bavaria, there lies several small villages. All farming communities, living and working together, selling their wares at the monthly market in the centre of the largest town about 4 days travel from their homes. Atop the hill that overlooks these villages, stands a large keep, proud and tall. Nobody knows who lives inside the keep, nor what they do, but no one steps outside of their homes after darkness falls. For when the darkness falls, strange things begin to happen. People disappear, never to be heard from again.

During the day, the villages are alive with the hustle and bustle of people working, gypsies offering their wares and children playing. There is colour, happiness and laughter, even if only to mask the terror each villager feels inside. Welcome to Bavaria.

Anton Vance

Re: Bavaria 1702

Post by Anton Vance »

*Trudging through the mud on the track, the horse slowly picks it's way through the worse of it, the rider letting it walk at it's own pace. The rider is clad from head to toe in a watertight cloak, cowl up around it's face, though from the build of the rider, it seems to be male. The rain seems to be constantly beating down in the darkness as he approaches the wayside inn, aptly name 'The Travellers Inn'. Dismounting slowly, the figure stables it's horse before wandering into the bustling tavern.*

Treinala

Post by Treinala »

"Get down from there, Victor! Get over here and give me a hand. He's had more than enough to drink now, time to fling him out. "

As the gentleman enters the tavern, a young looking dark haired girl and a larger burly gentleman bodily heft a drunkard out into the night.

"Stay out there until you sober up."

Dusting my hands off, I turn to the gentleman who just entered and smile my best customer winning smile. Brushing my curly black locks behind an ear, I gesture towards the bar.

"Welcome welcome, come in out of the rain sir. Won't you sit and have a drink or two?"

I head back to the bar and slip behind it, my gypsy heritage giving me grace and elegance as I walk. I know it's obvious to those around me where I am from, but I do not care. I am a gypsy and proud of my heritage, I have worked hard to get where I have and no man, woman or stranger is otherwise going to take that away from me.

"My name's Treinala, good sir won't you relax? Need a room for the night? Stable for your horse? I charge an honest rate here."

Anton Vance

Post by Anton Vance »

Smiling at her, Anton sidesteps as she bodily hefts the drunkard out into the wet to sober him up. Striding slowly towards the bar, he looks at her, meets her gaze once then nods. This was the place alright. Rift with the scent. Pulling down the hood of his cloak, he reveals himself to be in his early 30's with shortish brown hair. His face is weathered and his grey eyes speak of untold knowledge far beyond his mortal years. The rest of his body is clad in the waterproof cloak which he promptly removes and hangs up to dry. Beneath that he wears dark leather pants and a dark shirt with a black lace holding up the neck. Around his throat is a black leather thong which disappears inside his shirt, no doubt containing something precious. Running a large weathered hand through his hair, he nods towards the young gypsy girl as he answers her eager questions.

"Yes, I think I shall. What do you charge here miss, I require a room for myself, a stable for my horse and food. I shall not be here long but I shall pay up front, as you are generous enough to offer me a place."

He slides himself onto one of the stools with practiced ease, before reaching into his pocket. A small clink is heard as he pulls out some coin, laying it across in front of her. All together, there must be about 10 gold pieces he has laid out, along with about 50 silver.

"I hope this will be enough for my stay." He says softly, speaking in deep but warm tones. "I am rather hungry now, so if you have any food available, I would greatly appreciate it if you would serve some of it to me."

Treinala

Post by Treinala »

As he counts the money out, my eyes visibly widen. That is much more coin than I would ever expect to see in my entire lifetime. I suddenly have much more of a respect for him than I did just a few seconds ago. This man is a man of power, an important man. Turning to him, I start to count out the coin I need. I take 10 of the silver and only 15 of the gold as I pull it to one side.

"This will be plenty enough for your stay a week good sir, meals included. If you need to stay longer, then please do tell me. If you wish to stay less, then I shall charge accordingly. This is far too much though sir, not that I don't appreciate it of course but I suggest you put it back in your pouch and guard it well. I'll have my men watch you if you need it."

Smiling that winning smile I'm known for, I clap my hands and speak to the men in our native tongue. They jump to work and do as I have asked them, while I set about refilling glasses. Once that is taken care of, I turn to the stranger and speak softly again

"What would you have to drink sir?"

Anton Vance

Post by Anton Vance »

Nodding as she pushes the money back to him, he puts the extra back into his beltpouch and fastens it. He then points to a bottle behind her as he sets his hat on the top of the counter. "No thank you miss, I am more than able to take care of any vagabond or thief who dare try to raid my pockets. I appreciate the offer though." He nods as he points to the bottle "I'll have some of that, whatever it is. Thank you."

Settling himself onto the stool, he waits and watches as she pours him the drink "So miss, had any trouble here lately? Anything unusual happened?"

Treinala

Post by Treinala »

Setting myself about the task with the usual grace and care I give, plus a little extra, I give the stranger his drink. Chivvying the cook up a little, I turn back to him and lean over a little, my eyes widening slightly. "Well sir, now you mention it.." I check to make sure no unwanted ears are listening in before continuing. "Several strangers have been seen up at the castle sir, many thought it was deserted but they've seen people. What's even stranger is that people have started to go missing." Wiping down the bar top, I turn to refill a few mugs with ale and clean a few glasses, to make it look like I am working like normal. Something is off about this stranger, I can tell. I've always been able to tell these things, ever since I can remember. The feeling of being wrong, or just knowing where a person is. My family treat me like I am normal, and that is all that matters. So long as they do not think me odd, no one else needs to know.

Anton Vance

Post by Anton Vance »

"Hmmmm" He muses carefully while sipping the brew she gave him. "I see, go on?" He says expectantly, looking directly at her. "There is more, isn't there? I can see it in your eyes. Tell me" His voice is low and full of warm tones, with a hint of something else there. Leaning back, he sips his drink slowly and waits.

Treinala

Post by Treinala »

How to begin? How to tell him of the things I've seen when I've not seen them with my eyes. I dream. I dream of things past, things to come and things that are. I see them in the waking hours. I know which will definitely come true, and which ones are only a possible. I am a seer of the unseen, at least that is the title I have given myself. As I fight with these ideas, my grandmother comes in from the back room. She speaks in Bavarian to me, and then spots the stranger. Giving me no more than a cursory nod as I reply in the same tongue, she wanders over to the stranger and speaks words I do not hear. She then makes a gesture for him to follow her and waits as if expecting him to follow.